GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the local cylinder head shop today, and spoke with the owner about getting my heads done. He quoted me a price of $230.00/head
Which includes:
Cleaning, and blasting
Mag
Milling
New exhaust seats
3 angle cut

I'm providing new springs, and seals.

He said that if anything else comes up, such as needing to replace the valve guides or valves it could run no more than $600 for both.
So if I'm lucky then the job will go smooth, and I'm looking at $460 for the pair. He also said he'd match my port cleaning job that I started on one of the heads. ( I wasn't really looking to open the ports too much, just clean up the casting marks, and smooth out the bores.)

Just curious what everyone thinks about the cost. Would you say it's a good price, right on target, or a little high.

thanks

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
A few years back I had a set of 305 heads done and it was about $550 a set and I had to get the kit for him(from GM) so your in the ball park. Sounds fair.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! Thanks for the feedback Jamie.

I know this is off topic, but I just noticed that the sidebar ad is for mannequins. How does that relate to this?? I think Google ad's has a short circuited wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Cool! Thanks for the feedback Jamie.

I know this is off topic, but I just noticed that the sidebar ad is for mannequins. How does that relate to this?? I think Google ad's has a short circuited wire.
Nothing puts a spring in your step like a good deal. This should leave you time to do what you want.... Oh no.. don't tell the wife she''ll bust out the honey do list. Spring cleaning...oh no...

BTW the maniqin thing is a little offside (or broke back...as in mountain)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts