GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone personally installed headers on their NBS truck? Ive been looking at a set of Pacesetter longtubes but Im wondering how much trouble its going to be to install them..I put some on my 97 Dodge a few years ago and it was quite a task..

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Has anyone personally installed headers on their NBS truck? Ive been looking at a set of Pacesetter longtubes but Im wondering how much trouble its going to be to install them..I put some on my 97 Dodge a few years ago and it was quite a task..
I had Pacesetter shorties put on my truck...took the installer 4 hours. Probably would have taken me longer....

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well IF i decide to get them, I'll also be ordering the Pacesetter ORY pipe and get rid of the cats anyway and run the system out the back.so i wasnt to concerned about all that..i was just wondering if anyone knew how diffucult it would be to work the things down into the engine compartment and get them bolted on

·
Registered
539 Posts
my buddy thats deployed with me has an 05 and he said it took him and his bro about 3 hours with handtools and a lil liquid wrench

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh alright..sounds like it should be some fun then haha..yall be safe over there..currently stuck in Mosul, Iraq myself

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is Mosul still as nuts as it was in 2006-2007? I was in Kirkuk, Mosul, and Tal Afar during that time. Thank goodness I didn't spend anytime in Bagram! I had to go through there when I went on R&R. I would've preferred to just no take R&R then have to go through that. Living in some crap FOB way up north is nice in one aspect, at least I was about as far from the flagpole as I could get. I had to buy boot blouses and a reflector belt at Bagram when I got there lol!

I am interested in following this because I'm not sure if I am going to do my headers and exhaust all at once, meaning bunch o money spent, or doing it in two stages to offset the cost. I do know that when I get my headers the exhaust will have to be re worked for small cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts