GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've been looking around at headers for my truck, 2004 Sierra 6.0, and have found several options. I know I should go with the longtube ones but is there really a difference in brands like performance? I'm looking for a pair thats not going to kill my wallet but something thats going to give some gains. What would ya'll suggest?

·
4,774 Posts
Okay so I've been looking around at headers for my truck, 2004 Sierra 6.0, and have found several options. I know I should go with the longtube ones but is there really a difference in brands like performance? I'm looking for a pair thats not going to kill my wallet but something thats going to give some gains. What would ya'll suggest?
Most everyone would agree that Long Tube Headers will give some gains, with that being said, the Headers by them-self, the Gains will not be that great.....what other Performance Mods do you have installed on your Truck Now??.......if none going with a Exhaust (Flowmaster/Magnaflow) and a Tune either Hand-held or Custom along with the Headers will give you the Best Bang for your Buck.

Edit:.....Some of the LT Headers that are most often mentioned......Pacesetter's.....Dynatech....Gibson....Doug Thorley to name a few.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Reactions: stephan

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh okay well I haven't installed anyother parts but I'm wanting to get a diablo tuner soon

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I have JBA shorties, but my next set will be long tubes from AmericanRacingHeaders. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you use pacesetter(which I have) DO NOT use the gaskets that come with them. Use the OEM gaskets or you will be replacing them in about 6 months.
x2. Good price and a 3 yr warranty but their gaskets are known to be low quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts