GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alternative to HID.
Hello I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 crew cab. It’s the NNBS, and one of my head light bulbs just went bad. So I need to replace it. I would like some recommendations to something other than stocks. And HID from what I read HID is the ways to go but seem like a hassle. I will eventually switch but right now I want something quick and less expensive but yet still look nice. I like the real bright bluish lights. Any recommendation
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Piaa's work well, but they just don't last. Adam, about how long do your bulbs last?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Adam, you mind posting up some night pics with your low's and figs on? Sounds like a pretty sweet bulb!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I don't have any night pics right now, but I found this one in my gallery. Nokya 100watt hi beam bulb on drivers side versus 37 watt stock bulb

O.K. I just snapped some night pics, but photobucket is down for maintenance so I can't upload them yet. I'll put them up as soon as I can.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Thanks for the info Adam.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I don't have any night pics right now, but I found this one in my gallery. Nokya 100watt hi beam bulb on drivers side versus 37 watt stock bulb

O.K. I just snapped some night pics, but photobucket is down for maintenance so I can't upload them yet. I'll put them up as soon as I can.
Did your fog bulb and high beam have the same harness? I checked my fogs and I couldn't put the high beam in the fog light assembly.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yeah on the '03 - '07 classic trucks the harness is the same for the fog and hi-beam, although I upgraded my fog harness to a high heat one. The stock 37 watt harness can't take the 100watt bulb. The hi an lo beam harnesses have been fine so far, I have 80watt lo beam and 100watt hi beam in those.

·
Registered
65 Posts
try ebay i have 100 watt high and low beams in my 2000 silverado .i paid about 12.00 a pair .bought a spare set .also have the quad light conversion.just bought a set of hella 550 driving lights they came with 6 spare 100 watt bulbs .all for 69.00 from snappy lites on e bay.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have Sylvania Silverstar Ultras in my low beams right now. They're plenty bright but I'm gonna switch to HIDs soon.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here is a quastion for Adam were did you get the high heat wiring harness for your Fog Lights

Steve

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Here is a quastion for Adam were did you get the high heat wiring harness for your Fog Lights

Steve
I got them at AutoZone or Advance, I forget which one. As for the Silverstars, I've tried them and I think they suck. They aren't bright enough for me and the color is not white enough and they don't last, which makes them way overpriced, just my opinion though.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

O.K. Photobucket is back up, so here are the pics.

These are my back up lamps, PIAA 3157, I also use those for the DRL's

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow. Thanks Adam im going to have to look into these. I Was thinking about the Sylvania Ultra but they didnt have it for my truck. Thanks a lot Adam

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

How can i find out what size bulb i need? a lot of web sites dont specify for makes and models.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
WOW! I like that way better than HID. I guess I am just dumb or something cause I have never thought to upgrade the backup bulbs...with my tint I cant see crap. Thanks Adam for whoring out the truck!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Tanks for the info.

Steve

·
Registered
2,378 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Adam,

You should do a write-up on here about changing bulbs. You have some real good info here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts