GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
I will check my 95 tonight, I think there are some there but in visualzing the switch I can't figure where they would be unless you have to actually open the switch to get at them.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
My 94 doesn’t have any but I think it’s supposed to, hell the window buttons on the drivers door are lighted.

Someone on another forum said they pulled thiers and replace the bulbs with radio shack ones. Me I haven’t done it yet. More important things to do at the moment.

Keep us posted if you do pull the heater control. If you do find bulbs or led’s and it has juice going to them they need replacement.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Hmm, I don't have a lit-up heater controls. Too old I guess. If they are, what year did they start with?

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Some of my controls light up... it is rather dim. I think LEDs are the way to go. You can get them as replacements for the standard bulb on ebay.

·
Registered
42 Posts
the heater controls should be lit up back into the seventies. those ones just used a 168 bulb, your 94 should be lit also, remove the control head and you should find small bulb sockets that have to be replaced as a complete piece. those bulbs/sockets are available from GM. 2000 and newer use LED's and are not replaceable. Heck, the ash tray light on the '80's burbs was a fiber optic cable from one of the instument lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts