GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking in from Central Jersey!

Just bought an '07 Grey Steel Met, Sierra 1500 Classic W/T Ext Cab with the 5.3 Alum engine and the HD towing package. I have always been a JEEP and Early Bronco guy infact I was looking for a rig to tow my weekend warriors here and there. I cant tell you all how much I love this truck after 3 days! After driving a Wrangler, I feel like Ive been driving this truck for years!

My only gripe is the center console, or lack there of. Wish the jump seat folded down like some of the other models. Its a small complaint compared to how much I like the truck.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey. Im looking foward to searching the forum a little more.

Cheers, Phil

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Welcome to the club Phil. Glad to hear you're so happy with your new truck.
Got any plans for personalizing your rig?

Love the Garden State, all full serve gas pumps...Great for bitting cold winter days.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Hey welcome aboard, well they are boats aren't they?

We are here if you need us for help. and if you can help others chime in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personalizing? Well, I think Im gonna have to leave this one stock for some time. But in a few years, It will most likely go UP like most of my other projects.

I have a '69 Bronco No doors/top, 302 3sp I restored in "Wrecker Red", an '86 Jeep CJ-7 with a worked chevy 350, NV4500, and clocked Dana 300 TC. Painted that one a beautiful burnt orange met. Both are up on 33s. Then theres the OTHER CJ-7 for just beating the garbage out of (that thing just wont die). Yeah I like my personaizing, alright.

I also build custom JEEP and other 4x4 parts. Bumpers, skids, rocker rails, etc. All that on the side. So if I can help anyone out here, let me know. These bigger trucks have BIGGER bumpers and gaurds!

I know I said that these are definatly NOT my wrangler, but I dont think they drive like there size at all. Even my ext cab is very manuverable and IMO very easy to drive. Hell, Im just happy, I can hear my radio over the road noise, I have air conditioning that doesnt require taking the top off, and I dont have to zip and unzip my windows!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts