GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've got a 1997 Tahoe that has been in the family since 1999. Bought it used with 14K miles on it. My daughter has been driving it for about 5 years and I just got it back from her. She's driving my maxima now.

Now that I've got my baby back, it's time to work on it and get it back to where it should be.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to go through it to see what issues there are with it first. I need to have a pressure test done on the cooling system to see if there is a leak. I think there is, but no visible evidence. So I'm thinking it is the intake manifold gasket. I had this replaced about 6 years ago. I would like to add some minor performance items to it, but not sure what to add.

The first thing I'm doing to it is to fix the headlights. I found out this morning that one light was dead. Also, the headlight lens are so fogged over it's a wonder that any light escapes. So I found a headlight set and ordered those and hopefully get those installed this weekend. I also need to fix the driver's window. I think the motor is gone on it.

So that's about it for now...

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Welcome to the club! Time to start modding that bad boy up!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome from the Huntsville area!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome from Lower Alabama (LA).

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome to the club. Get her running good..... Then get her running great :) ......

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome to the club strabo.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome aboard!