GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

My name is Kirk Toune and I'm from sunny Florida, Lakeland specifically.

I am emotionally attached to my 1996 GMC Suburban. It's an SLT trimmed, K2500 4x4 with a 5.7L V8. My wife has grown to understand the fact that I'm in love with both of them.... LOL!

My 'Burb or as my wife calls "the Tuburban" is burgundy with gold trim. Leather seats....loaded. The interior is getting worn and the front seats need to be recovered (I'd really like to do them all) and the carpets and headliner needs to be replaced.....if for no other reason than to bring it back to when it was new.

I am having an ignition system issue, but I'll post that in another area.

My 'Burb is fast approaching 200000 miles. The motor was destroyed (and rebuilt) by a joyride of a step-son of mine at 80,000.

Beyond my emotional attachment, I am keeping my truck because of fiscal reasons. I have four children that are reaching driving age (ouch) and that means that dad will be "getting off his checkbook for each of them.

Anyway... I am very glad that I've found this club and look forward to reading and posting for a long time to come.

Thanks....

·
Registered
284 Posts
:sign0016: from waxhaw, N.C. My mom lived a long time in Lakeland. thats all we heard, lakeland this, lake..(kidding). Have you seen her, and how is she doing? Nice sounding Sub. :great:

·
Registered
717 Posts
:sign0016: to the forum :glasses:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts