GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I want to introduce myself. I`m from Holland and i love oldtimers from 1970 to 1980. I have a beetle 1303 wich my father gave to my when i turned 18. Much later i bougt a 72 Chevelle, last year i bougt a seriously lifted 78 blazer and a few weeks ago my dad (82 years) bought a 74 corvette cabrio.

We have a dutch american car forum of course but it could happen that sometimes they don`t know the answer to one of my questions.

Greetings, Kootje

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool story on the cars kootje. It’s always cool to hear about classic American muscle in other countries. Especially in Europe where the norm has become fuel efficiency and micro cats because of fuel costs. Do you still have the 72 Chevelle? That was my first car and my dumb @$$ got rid of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh that`s a great picture ! Yes, i still have the chevelle, and it`s also matt black like the one on the foto, only with dito wheels. And yes, it is cool and special to drive cars like this here in Europe but we don`t for how long we can use these cars over here, our gouverment is planning something like a climate war, no more CO2, no more NOx, nothing, the prefer only solar and windenergy. (read, nissan leafs and prius...) Sometimes people look at my cars and you can see they are thinking, hmmm what a enviromental terrorist. Some cities you cannot get into anymore, even your car is mayby 8 years old, too much pollution. So, we hope that the older cars may stay on the roads, maybe limited miles every year. Nothing beats the sound of a 383 stroker with open pipes in a big blazer !!!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Beautiful! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Don’t worry about people looking at you as an environmental terrorist. You will enjoy your hobby and their brainwashed viewpoint some day will be long gone and piled with the other successful fear mongering plans governments concocted to take away freedom and control the masses. So many have come and gone....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys !!

@Beachbourbon i hope you`re right but i`m expecting the worst. Everything you do, buy or think must be climate neutral since last year. Even our economy is slowing down because of this.
But let`s think positive, 1 MPG but still enjoying V8 power :p

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome, Kootje. I used to live in Holland. Well...Holland, Michigan that is. ;)

Those who are so overly concerned about the climate are the real environmental terrorists. Keep enjoying your V8s and fight the climate change hoax at every opportunity.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Hmmm, this could get exciting.

It's not a hoax "Donald", climate change is real.

You need to spend some time living on the coast, either coast, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hmmm, this could get exciting.

It's not a hoax "Donald", climate change is real.

You need to spend some time living on the coast, either coast, it doesn't matter.
Most people aren’t saying the climate is not changing. They are saying we humans have about as much to do with starting and stopping it as any other earthly creatures. It is a natural phenomenon, not a political issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, as far i think, it is not a hoax, something is changing and human activity is speeding things up, But we must change our pollution on a global scale, for instance, in Holland we are closing down almost new old coal power plants while in china one of these is opened on a daily base. Wind is blowing pollution around the world and heating it up. So what is our profit of closing these power plants ? There are a lot of companies that smell money because when you deliver a service of product that slows down climate change you can double your prices, for how long it takes of course.

The city where i live lies 7 meters below sea level so if the water comes i have a problem, my blazer is only 2,30 mtrs high :)

But thanks for the warm welcome and compliments, now i`m going tot reasemble my front drive shaft to the blazer and about he excitement, some of our leaders are crazy, so we can be normal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts