GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Longtime Chevy man here, love them bowties. Currently own a 2001 Sportside LS in Summit white,5.3 V8... added step bars,window shades,flame pinstripes,bug deflector. It is currently my dream truck as I have always wanted a White sportside and the best thing is..come August it will be all paid in full !! I am a firefighter/emt with the city as well as the Fire chief for the VFD outside the city. look forward to joining in the chat here.

Scott in Louisiana

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Welcome to the site, Scott! I wish my truck was almost paid off! I just got mine a few months ago...I'll be paying for it for a while. :money:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome to the site Scott!

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the site! If my truck was "paid off", it would be my dream truck too!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Scott,
Hey, you are right; the best truck is a paid for truck. I paid straight cash for my 1998 Suburban; it was $30,200 new OTD!! Of course, I didn't pay that since I bought it 13 months ago with 195,000 miles on it. The PO put his sales receipt along with lots of other receipts for service etc in the envelope with the sales "stuff". He couldn't complain - 195,000 miles of service is pretty good. I paid $2950, and it is the best $2950 I ever spent.It got 21.3 mpg at 70 mph over a 3021 mile trip to AZ last month. The hy mpg was a very pleasant surprise. I brag about that mpg every chance I get. Frankly, if someone else had posted it, I wouldn't figured they were fudging it a bit. Hard to believe an ancient 5.7 can push such a huge vehicle at that mpg.

Where are you in LA? There is a fair number of LA folks here- maybe from the NOLA area. I'm 4 miles W of NOLA in River Ridge.

Welecome,
Charlie

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
I am a firefighter/emt with the city as well as the Fire chief for the VFD outside the city. look forward to joining in the chat here.

Scott in Louisiana
Your a firefighter eh, I might know you, or know someone who knows you. I've got a buddy of mine who's still a "new" firefighter in NOFD who's jumping from station to station for now. Guy by the name of Keith, I don't know if he uses it as a FF, but his camp name is "Iggy". Also, what VFD are you part of? My boss is a volly firefighter for Luling VFD, Des Allemands, Paradis, and a couple others... Always great to see local guys on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts