GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I have a 2000 Suburban K2500 that I use to tow my 31' travel trailer and my 22' Mastercraft X-star. I also plow snow with it just for myself, not commercially.

Hoping to get some ideas for extra pulling power, it's a 6.0 liter. Is it possible to re-program the computer (chip it), and if so will I notice a difference in power?

What about supercharging? Is there such a thing as a low-budget kit?

Oh yeah, better fuel economy would be nice too. Am I asking too much?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Banned
372 Posts
Hey! I have a 2000 Suburban K2500 that I use to tow my 31' travel trailer and my 22' Mastercraft X-star. I also plow snow with it just for myself, not commercially.

Hoping to get some ideas for extra pulling power, it's a 6.0 liter. Is it possible to re-program the computer (chip it), and if so will I notice a difference in power?

What about supercharging? Is there such a thing as a low-budget kit?

Oh yeah, better fuel economy would be nice too. Am I asking too much?

Thanks,
Dave
Hey Dave, welcome to the site! Of course a programmer is always an option. They can add a good little boost of hp and torque. Supercharging, fuel economy, and low budget are rarely used in the same sentence unless you're talking about the decline in girth of your wallet! HA!
Seriously, some programmers come with default programs that will make your vehicle run as economically as possible on whatever grade fuel you choose to use, while still producing some noticeable power increases. If you supercharge you are looking at not only the cost of the supercharger, but also upgrading the bottom end to handle all the power, otherwise it wont last long and you'll spend more in the long run. I eventually plan to supercharge my suburban and I'll be upgrading the heads, cam, pistons, crank, and whatever else I run into that may need to be upgraded to handle the power I'll have. I really just want to see what kind of rediculous numbers this big block I have can make. :lol:

·
Registered
533 Posts
:sign0016:to the forums !

Looks like ur south jersey by the pic :lol:

There is alot of burb owners here so i'm sure someone will chime in about the info ur looking for

1 - 4 of 4 Posts