GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There.

Didnt even remember joinging this site awhile back, Got an email to that effect saying where the smack you been......lol

ANyways im from a small town in Saskatchewan , Canada and thought id stop in and say hi, Wondering if anyone else is from these neck of the woods.

Hope i can gain some information and look at some sweet mods while im here.

I'll include my Pet Project.

Lots of talk about dually conversions on here and wanted to ad a few pics of my pet Project aswell.

Pretty Simple really but for mine it was a mixture of two vehicles:

Started out with a 1993 Suburban and a 1 tonne dually: Combine this and that from two and made one, Not only was it done up as a dually i also had it inspected and made sure it passed as such i didnt convert it afterwords, i ran it through inspection as a dually suburban. Comical really , the guy who did the inspection shook his head and said what is this......lol, Had to make three phone calls just to figure out how to inspect it first of all, Than had to include a 4 tire wheel alignment which he couldnt figure out either. Several phone calls later to some head honchos somewhere it was passed with out a hitch.

Ive seen the dually kits and i didnt like them they seems pretty small and didnt go with the lines just right so i took the hard way, i simply removed the ones of the dually truck, Mounted them on the truck and sliced into them with the door lines. If you see the pics i actualy centred them top the door and rear, unlike the mod kits you buy , they would simply fit to the rear of the truck giving it that cut off look and i didnt want that i wanted a fixed line and decent look to it.

1 Tonne Suspension
350 HD Motor (150.000 KLMS)
4L90 Transmission
456 Geared Full Floater Rearend
Edelbrock Intake
High Performance Cam
Headers
Dual Exhaust
Cherry Bomb Mufflers
Heav Duty Hidden Hitch
BF Goodwrich All-Terrain T/A LT245 75/16
High Output Alternator
Full Load Less Air
Rear Heater Controls

Heres some pics of it, unfinished project but soon it will be.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
wow that is an interesting project... I would scratch my head if I were the guy who had to inspect it too... pretty cool tho keep us posted on any updates:great: oh and :sign0016: back

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome to the site fellow Canuk!!:sign0016:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Folks, Having fun with it now that its summer time.....Gonna try and finish it up with some body work and Paint, May try a completely different color or just keep it the same, havent decided yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts