GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I am new to this forum and was hoping that someone could help with the issues im having with my truck. I have a 98 2500 cheyenne truck with a 5.7 350 v8. The problem im having is that When the truck sits for more than a few minutes it seems that tyhe fuel system de-pressurizes.... I have to put gas manually in the throttle body and start it. It starts fine and runs fine. But when I turn the truck off again I have to repeat the same process to get it running again. Any Ideas. Any help would be much appreicated. Thanks

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I would do a fuel pressure test to start with, but it does sound like the Fuel Pressure Regulator could be peaking down. BUt start with a Fuel Pressure test, and go from there
oh and last thought is the Check engine light on??

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Yes they actually could. it sounds like you have a bad cam postion sensor, which could in theory cause the motor to not start if it leaving the timing to far advanced or retarded. But i would run the codes again now that you are having this issue, and get the actual fault numbers, and it will be much easier to go from there. Since there are certain codes that will come up with certain faults, and in order to be sure and not trouble guess its just easier to start with the actual OBD codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts