GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new of course. I just bought a 1996 LT Suburban with tan leather. I will get some pictures up later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I used to own a 1991 GMC Trailblazer Suburban, it had a 4 inch lift and 30 inch mud tires. I loved that truck but had to get rid of it. 7 years later and 4 kids later I found myself in need of a bigger vehicle then the Intrepid we have. So we got our tax money today, went looking for a Suburban or Expedition and found what we just bought. It was the nicest, and most powerful out of what we tested.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome to the site! My guess by your name that you are from Salt Lake City. I have family there as both my Wife's parents grew up there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I am in Salt Lake City.

Soooo on to the good stuff, can you point me in the direction of things I need to look out for, and things I can do to make it run better. I am looking at getting a intake, and some projector lights for it. All in good time though, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
:sign0016: to the site. These guys can pretty much answer any question you can throw at em.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Tell us more about your burban and we can better help. Is it a 1500 or 2500? What size engine and gas or diesel?

As far as mods go, Getting the engine to breathe better is a big plus with a performance intake and aftermarket exhaust. You should then look at a performance chip or programmer.

As far as your headlights go, Have you thought about HID's? Jaymack and a few others have had the projector style but he has since swiched to HID's which is what I installed on my Silverado and thay are tops in my book!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is what it looks like, however I haven't taken pictures yet of mine. But the ride height and such are the same.

It is a 1996 Chevy Suburban LT 1500 5.7L gas motor, it has 118k on it, and so far the only thing I see as a problem is the door behind the driver doesn't lock or unlock with everything else. Other then that there isn't any squeaks, mones or other problems I have found. I am amazed at the guts these SUV's have, but its nice to have around here.

As far as performance, I am looking into doing the poor mans mod and just getting the K&N filter and leaving it open, and then later I will tackle the exhaust. The one I had before had a complete Magnaflow 3 inch system and I loved the sound of it.

·
1,536 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
1,536 Posts
Me? I'm in Utah county.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts