GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is kevin and i own 06 chevy crew cab 1500 hd with the 6.0 and the 4l85e. i have upgrade to a new sound system bigger tires and a new 31 foot 5th wheel camper. looking to unlock a little more hp and torqe to help pull this new toy. so any good advise would be great

im from newberry sc and worked for gm dealer as a tec. for 8 years so i know my way around a tool box.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome to the Club!!! ....and congrats on your new 5th wheel. Depending on how much larger of tire you went to, gears might be a place to start.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Yeah, no need to change gears. How about a tuner? Or are you looking for something more mechanical? How much are looking to spend?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i already started looking for a DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR TUNER u7192 as a start.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

dont realy have a limit but just looking for the biggest bang for the buck

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Hmmm...I'm not that mechanical to be able to provide you the best answers...but we do have a lot of expert members here. I'd suggest posting your questions in the "Performance and Fuel" section of this forum and one of them should be able to provide you some solid suggestions pretty quickly. Also, include as much vehicle information as you can regarding mods, tire size, even mileage should help. The more they know about your vehicle, they better they can answer your questions.....

Good luck!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome to the club, I would definitely look into a tuner.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome to the club

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. I think the most bang for the buck is a Diablo Preditor tuner. You can use there tunes and make adjustments like the LongTermFuelTrims. Adjusting the LTFT's make a differance in mpg's, throttle response and power. Also you can get a custom tune online from one of there tuners. diablew.com has the best tunes for the Diablo. MarylandSpeed.com has the Diablo for $279.00 shipped.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C !