GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my name is chris i am new here i just recently acquired a 1989 suburban with a 350ci and 350 tranny. well just sayin hello tellin you a little about my self.. ill post pics a little later

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
hello my name is chris i am new here i just recently acquired a 1989 suburban with a 350ci and 350 tranny. well just sayin hello tellin you a little about my self.. ill post pics a little later
Welcome aboard, Chris. Bring on the pics. :yipi:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea some plans i have for it is changing the mufflers to something deeper than the glasspacks that are on it right now. rebuild the motor and just getting it nice on the inside and out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea the guy that did the exhaust is a big believer in them so thats basically all he uses but dont worry i am gonna make it sound real real deep. btw what does everyone think the best sounding muffler for this engine is?

·
Super Moderator
3,369 Posts
even though I've never heard one on a chevy 350, I'm going to say flowmasters would be good, what series, I'm not sure....

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Does it have true duel exhaust? On my 87 Blazer, I put duel exhaust with glasspacks on it in the mid 90's. Years later after they get burned out the get loud and sound terrible so I switched to Flowmasters (not sure which series either) but it sounds awesome! I'm sure it would sound even better if I had headers. Welcome to the site and good luck with your Burb!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Does it have true duel exhaust? On my 87 Blazer, I put duel exhaust with glasspacks on it in the mid 90's. Years later after they get burned out the get loud and sound terrible so I switched to Flowmasters (not sure which series either) but it sounds awesome! I'm sure it would sound even better if I had headers. Welcome to the site and good luck with your Burb!
I'm with Darcy, Flowmasters...check it out
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sound.html

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I'm with Darcy, Flowmasters...check it out
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sound.html
Nice sound bytes.
I think I'm going to go with flowmasters when I get my engine done.
But I'm torn. I like the 70 series, at idle, but the 50's sound good under acceleration. 70's sound like they may be a bit much under accel. I'll have to keep listening...maybe the 70's will grow on me.:cool:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,369 Posts
I'm liking the agressive tone of the 40 series delta flow, but at the same time, I don't want to be hearing it too too much inside the truck. But I still want the nice loud agressive sound on the outside as I leave somewhere. I'm thinking the 40 Delta Flow is going to be the happy medium between the full-fledged 40 seres and the 40 super and a mellower and quieter 50 or 60 series.

·
Super Moderator
6,542 Posts
The 50 series doesnt have as much drone to it on the highway as a 40, and 60/70 are usually to quiet, you could leave it stock if you want it tht quiet.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im looking for just a smooth rumble at idle and a nice sounding growl when i go. but nothing like straight pipes or anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts