GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Kris and I found this forum in hopes of getting some non-intrusive performance idea for my 1998 K1500 Suburban. I need some more HP!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Kris

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Welcome aboard Kris.

non-intrusive performance idea for my 1998 K1500 Suburban.
By intrusive do you mean cutting a hole in the hood to put an 871 blower in? By gawd theres nothing like being in downtown traffic and having to stretch around to see clear of the blower...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAHAHA! No, getting too old for the blower or JATO packs! I had my mid-life crisis a few years back. I am just tired of standing on my accelerator to get my trailer up a hill. Hoping no to have to do the dual exhaust ($$$) but I bet that will be my best performance vs. $ option. I like a throaty exhaust (not too rough) so I will go with a Borla system if I have too. (forgive any spelling mistakes spell check failed to find!).

Kris

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Sure. I would stick to flow stuff first. Air intake/exhaust then maybe move on to PCM reprogram. Keep it simple :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure. I would stick to flow stuff first. Air intake/exhaust then maybe move on to PCM reprogram. Keep it simple :wink:
Thank you and I am a bit familiar with that flow stuff. I had a 1995 Impala SS when I was living in Austin, TX. I found a shop that replaced the mass air intake (ID=46mm) with the Vet on (ID=52mm), put in a cool air induction system with K&N air filter, 160 degree thermostat, reduction pulleys and then re-programed with a power programmer. I was 264HP stock and walked out at 303. Hope I can achieve the same with the Vortec 5.7 (Impala had a Lt1 with iron heads...what was Chevy think with the iron heads???).

Kris

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Exactly brother. You got the idea. I had a 95 Impala SS too. The iron heads were used cuz they could only use stolen parts to manufacture(Borrowed from other production lines) from what I heard. The Camaro coming out soon might be a return for Chevy (Lord knows they need to grow some balls at GM) There's nothing humorous about squealing front tires...

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Cool SS

Jamie, sweet SS!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
:sign0016: to the site, btw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts