GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 1985 chevy K5 blazer, lifted with larger tires. I just got new calipers on both sides and new top gasket for the master cylinder. My problem is my two front brakes are not locking up completely but they are biting down on the rotor more than they should. I put the front end up on stands tires off the ground. Tried to roll the tires and it was very difficult. I removed the top cover and it sounded like there was a good bit of pressure built up in there it made an escaping gas noise (like opening coke). I bled the brakes again then tried to move the tire and it moved really easily so I thought my problem was solved. Took it on a test drive and started to notice the smell of brakes. Pulled in garage jacked up the front and again the tires are difficult to move. Anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
24 Posts
could be the rubber lines. they deteriorate from the inside. replace if they are old

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sounds like you have air in the lines still. Had this happen on a Toyota before, they actually got so much pressure that the front brakes were being applied all the time.

Try bleeding the lines and your proportion valve.

·
Registered
16 Posts
agree about the rubber brake lines. i've had that happen on every chevy truck i've owned (all with over 200k). but it sounds exactly like what happens when the collapse on the inside.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Like posted look at the front brakelines, also theres a small orofice where the flexible lines go into the anti vibration bracket, it doesnt take much debris to clog this orifice up, when it gets clogged it wont clear out well because the pressure for the brakes normally comes from the booster side and when back flowing it doesnt have as high a pressure to clear things out, this is what causes pressure to remain on the front calipers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts