GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 chevy suburban with a 5.7 liter engine and I have a check engine light that comes on intermitantly when I run the codes I get the following codes:

P1133 CHEVROLET - O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1
P1406 CHEVROLET - EGR Valve Pintle Position Circuit
P0700 CHEVROLET - Transaxle Control System Malfunction
P1192 - Voltage External

I do have an exhaust leak between the headers and the exhaust pipe on the drivers side other than that I just had a tune up about 3 months ago. the check engine light started coming on about 3 weeks ago and when it comes on it stays on for a day at most and goes off then stays off for a few days then comes back on. I don't know if all the trouble codes are from the same problem or multiple issues so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The time between is always random but it always the same codes. It could be one day or three days I am lost. I tried cleaning the egr today and they just came back on

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak or that leaking donut gasket may be contributing to it all. first thing i would do is put some seafoam through the vacuum line that connects to the power brake booster then once it's all sucked out of the can plug it back into the booster and lightly rev your motor till the hopefullly white smoke stops. once it does run a tank of gas through the truck and if the dash light doesn't go off get the codes reset in your computer if it comes right back on get the codes again and you may be surprised i would say unless there is actually a vacuum leak running that seafoam through it will help a lot with the codes, IF the codes for the O2 sensor come back again you need to replace the sensor but before you do any of it i would replace the donut gaskets on both sides of your motor if one is worn enough to leak typically the other one isn't far behind it. replace those and try the seafoam and see where you are at after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts