GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! Emission Sticker Info Needed

My fan shroud sticker is missing and my repair manual keeps making references to data on the sticker. I given up trying to duplicate it, but perhaps someone could click a pic of theirs and post it.

Please have a look in your glove box and see if you your '93 Suburban C-1500 has these codes, I think they are sufficient to identify the emission system.

1993 C-1500 Suburban RPO's
L05 : ENGINE, GAS, 8 CYL, 5.7L, 1 TBI, V8
M30 : TRANSMISSION, AUTO 4 SPD, HMD, 4L60E, ELECTRONIC
NA1 : EMISSION SYSTEM, GVW, LESS THAN 8500 LB
YF5 : CERTIFICATION, EMISSION, CALIFORNIA (Several other states use the Calif. certification)

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Well I have a 94 and it’s in Maine. But you may be lucky because I read somewhere that we have the same emission standards as California.

But now this is the tricky part. It’s under a ft of snow. So if no one else posts before I get to clean it off I will check it out for you.

Sorry, I couldn’t be of more help than that right now.

Now I got to go plow.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My hero, many thanks!
If it has the YF5 code, then it's built to CA emission standards. Many years ago we lived in Maine, and in those days you were required to get a safety inspection and display a sticker. Is this still the same? In SoCal, we have to get smog certified every two years, but no general safety items... go figure.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Dam I forgot all about this thread and it’s dark out right now. I am waiting on supper so I will grab the camera and take a picture of the sticker in the glove box right now.

I just took the picture and the only one missing on my label that you have on yours circled is the YF5

I do have all the others and I will take a picture of my label under the hood, hope this is of some help.

Forgive the quality of the picture, I had to take it holding a flashlight to get it all in the picture.

Again I hope that helps.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Close...

Many thanks, 84fiero123, for all your efforts and diligence; but, sadly, without the RPO 'YF5' code I'm out of luck. Perhaps my best bet is to haunt some junk yards, Oops... recycling centers with camera in hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts