GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can help me out here. I installed a Power Acustik PMD-83CM overhead dvd/tv combo and 2 audiovox headrest monitor(movies 2 go) and cant get the fuzzy white line to disappear. It is only coming from the headrest unites when i turn on the overhead monitor/dvd.. When my headrest are turn on by them self(blue screen) they do not have the fuzzy white lines. Ive heard it could be my ground but i tried changing the ground and still have same problem. I also ran it to the battery negative but didnt make a difference once you turn on the truck they come out but only on my headrest.What am i doing wrong here?

Engine noise i heard i need to add a noise filter which i am going to get first thing tomorrow morning.
Is there anyone that have any ideas or can help me out with this!! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Double and triple check all of your power/ ground connections and make sure they're secure and not damaged.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hopefully someone can help me out here. I installed a Power Acustik PMD-83CM overhead dvd/tv combo and 2 audiovox headrest monitor(movies 2 go) and cant get the fuzzy white line to disappear. It is only coming from the headrest unites when i turn on the overhead monitor/dvd.. When my headrest are turn on by them self(blue screen) they do not have the fuzzy white lines. Ive heard it could be my ground but i tried changing the ground and still have same problem. I also ran it to the battery negative but didnt make a difference once you turn on the truck they come out but only on my headrest.What am i doing wrong here?

Engine noise i heard i need to add a noise filter which i am going to get first thing tomorrow morning.
Is there anyone that have any ideas or can help me out with this!! Thanks in advance
I had this problem before....my headrest monitors had engine noise and the white lines....I had a separate DVD player under the rear seats that was the issue. I had to change it out to a different brand. The first one had a funky cable - it didnt have rca inputs on the back of the DVD, the connection was like a head phone connector that plugged in to the DVD player then the other end of the cable had RCA connections.

We tried these before changing the DVD player:

Changing grounds
Changing RCA cables
Different head rest monitors

The new unit had actual RCA inputs on the back of the DVD player and the problem went away. Since the problem only arises when you play the over head I am betting thats the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sstoner911 i took it to a friend shop and they tried a new dvd player added a power surge is what i understood and a video signal controll made the image better on driver side monitor with very minimal lines that you can barely see but the passenger side still had fuzzy lines that were noticeable but picture was better than before.. One of the guy said it could be my headrest that are bad but i dout that being that they are new. I tried a dvd player from home just ran the extention cord and did the same as soon as i turn the truck on. The only thing i havent done was run the ground to the battery which ill try that next and go from there.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Telorvehc I double check my power and ground on the headrest and overhead monitor.I even ran the positve str8 to the battery but still same thing.When i took it to the shop they tried a different dvd player add a power surge is what i understood and a video signal.. made the picture better on one headrest but the other still had noticeble fuzzy line. Ima try running the ground str8 to the battery also lets see if it makes a differences. Guy at the shop said my headrest are bad but there new so i find that impossible.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
sstoner911 i took it to a friend shop and they tried a new dvd player added a power surge is what i understood and a video signal controll made the image better on driver side monitor with very minimal lines that you can barely see but the passenger side still had fuzzy lines that were noticeable but picture was better than before.. One of the guy said it could be my headrest that are bad but i dout that being that they are new. I tried a dvd player from home just ran the extention cord and did the same as soon as i turn the truck on. The only thing i havent done was run the ground to the battery which ill try that next and go from there.[CIOLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Telorvehc I double check my power and ground on the headrest and overhead monitor.I even ran the positve str8 to the battery but still same thing.When i took it to the shop they tried a different dvd player add a power surge is what i understood and a video signal.. made the picture better on one headrest but the other still had noticeble fuzzy line. Ima try running the ground str8 to the battery also lets see if it makes a differences. Guy at the shop said my headrest are bad but there new so i find that impossible.. Thanks
does he have a different brand headd rest you can try. I had thesame brand as yours at first and w switched to planet audio, still had the problem but not a bad. Switching the dvd player was the final fix. Sometimes the internal ground in electronics is not the best in some brands.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah he has a couple of other headrest but we didnt try them out.The only thing that was change was the dvd player which did the same thing but picture was better for a bit and then started to get the fuzzy lines again. I just took them out yesterday and currently have them for sale. We have a kid on the way and i dont want to spend more money into it to get it working rite so my lost someone elses is again. But thanks to everyone that help me out on this little problem i had with the monitors

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
most of the time its from CHEAP wiring, you need good quality shielded lines and keep ANY power cables away from audio cables, power cables running parralled to audio/video cables will give you interruption as well. Also check your connestion at the battery, as any open/esposed wiring will allow more engine noise to be carried through it giving you more lines in visual and whine in audio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts