GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here goes so yesterday I'm driving home and all of a sudden my Stabilitrak lights come on and a few other lights so I pulled over and I shut the truck off and when I went to restart it it had no power. I was stuck on the side of the freeway so my buddy went and got a battery from his house brought it back. Put the new battery in an it started an all lights shut off Except Red Illuminated Battery Symbol an Service Battery Charging System I started driving home on the drive I monitored the voltage and I slowly watched it drop from 12.6 to 11.2 by the time i was home. I assumed the alternator is bad from the battery drain and not recharging. Today i went an purchased a alternator installed the alternator now when I go to start it just clicks and doesn't start. Still says Service Battery Charging System on the display but haven't been able to get the truck to restart 2007 Cadillac Escalade. PLEASE HELP AN THANK YOU

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
1,148 Posts
Your starter clicking is (most likely) a weak battery. Did you charge it after your drive home? If the alternator was dead, then your battery was just dying instead of topping off. Start here and see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your starter clicking is (most likely) a weak battery. Did you charge it after your drive home? If the alternator was dead, then your battery was just dying instead of topping off. Start here and see what happens.
I didn't try to charge the battery but i hooked it up to a Jump Start Box. Do i need to charge it or put a battery with a charge in it they try starting?

·
Registered
15,149 Posts
Jumper cables and a good battery should start you, I don't know if a jumper box has enough power for the starter.

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
1,148 Posts
Jumper cables and a good battery should start you, I don't know if a jumper box has enough power for the starter.
A pwerful one (properly charged) should start the truck, but idk what they've got. Might have to wait for the start box to trickle charge the battery in the vehicle.

Heavy gauge jumpers are probably what's needed here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts