GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help asap. shorted a wire when putting my headliner back up. Wire I shorted is in the rear on the driver's side. I nicked it when screwing back the "clothes hanger" clib in the rear cargo area.

Now mt rear barn doors do not lock. wire is melted... other doors lock and unlock fine.

So basicaly I need the wiring diagram for the power locks. also need to know what pins do what on the door electrical contacts.

the truck is a 97 suburban 1500, barn doors.

thanks in advance!
Eric

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
If you plan on keeping this truck for awhile. I always buy those advanced Chilton books (not to expensive) for the vehicle I own. There pretty damn handy (now that she's a 97) The bugs come out of the wood work.
(Haven't found one for my Trailblazer yet :frown:)
Maybe someone in forum has pdf file for ya...

Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
If you plan on keeping this truck for awhile. I always buy those advanced Chilton books (not to expensive) for the vehicle I own. There pretty damn handy (now that she's a 97) The bugs come out of the wood work.
(Haven't found one for my Trailblazer yet :frown:)
Maybe someone in forum has pdf file for ya...

Good luck
Hang on, I got to close the garge up when I walk dogs in a half hour.

I will get my manual out and see if I can help.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Just looked at haynes manual. Nothing for the rear door lock.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help guys!

Well.. turns out the short sent reverse voltage back to the keyless module. She ain't happy.. So a temp fix.. I removed the driver's side kick panel. Spliced the rear door lock contacts to the driver door lock. So it works. But on the first unlock click, my driver's door and rear door unlock, second click unlocks the rest.

I can live with that for now.

Thanks again for the help!
Eric

·
Registered
2,630 Posts

Well.. turns out the short sent reverse voltage back to the keyless module. She ain't happy.. So a temp fix.. I removed the driver's side kick panel. Spliced the rear door lock contacts to the driver door lock. So it works. But on the first unlock click, my driver's door and rear door unlock, second click unlocks the rest.

Eric
Nice fix. It'll get you by nicely until you're ready fix for good.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

Eric
Hey Eric why don't you refer it to maint. (and I'll fix) wink wink nudge nudge
Kidding, inside joke between eric and I

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey Eric why don't you refer it to maint. (and I'll fix) wink wink nudge nudge
Kidding, inside joke between eric and I

'Cuz it i'll be retuned to me, "Not a maint issue, $45 charge back and good luck with that" :p

With all the equipment I keep in the truck. I need tha back doors to lock. :)

Wich brings me to this question, Can I replace my rear lock cilynder and have it matched to my existing key? I dread the day the power locks fail in the locked position on the barn doors....

Here she is:
[img=http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/227/img2138xh8.th.jpg]

Thanks!
Eric

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
That really is a nice truck. I like colours. Quite a while ago I had one of those travelling locksmiths. Stop to rekey an 86 Blazer of mine. Find a really good locksmith in town you'll be surprised at what they can do.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Post back what ya find for future reference. Just In case I've lost my mind :frown:

Eric and I will have to open new thread section on board to tell our door to door cable stories (nude women showing up at door) yikes! it get's better :biggrin: too....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Post back what ya find for future reference. Just In case I've lost my mind :frown:

Eric and I will have to open new thread section on board to tell our door to door cable stories (nude women showing up at door) yikes! it get's better :biggrin: too....
I've got a few... Nude woman at door and I was still in training! But not a good nude.. more of an OHH GOD NO! :p

I'm on the phone right now with a lock smith.. Getting a quote. Sounds pricey! heheh

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok! not bad! If I bring in the lock cylinder, servicing it is $25.00 (if it can be repaired) or a new one matched to my key is $60.00 That sounds pretty fair.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
ok! not bad! If I bring in the lock cylinder, servicing it is $25.00 (if it can be repaired) or a new one matched to my key is $60.00 That sounds pretty fair.
Whew, you had me worried for a minute there. That does sound fair.
Good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts