GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to replace my radio/cd player in my 2000 silverado and have no idea how to get the radio out after I have removed the dash. It has what looks like clips that seem I should press them down to release and then pull out, but I don't know if there is anything else that must be unhooked to get the radio to actually come out. I know there will be cables and wires behind to remove, but I've not gotten it out of the dash yet. Anyone feel like helping a complete novice with advice?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Once you release the clips you mentioned the radio will just slide out. There are two connection points in back; one for the antenna and the other is a large white plug (sorry, I don't have the correct terminology for this one) that is connected to all the remaining wiring (power, speakers etc.).

I also have a 2000 but have not upgraded my radio yet. When I was ready I had planned to order it from Crutchfield as they also supply all the mounting accessories and instructions that are needed.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When you remove the radio do not cut the wires. They sell a after market piece that plugs into the factory wiring harness and it in return has the wires cut at the end to splice into the radio. They also have a after market bracket that the after market radio fits into and slides back into the same place as the old one does with the same clip style. Your auto parts store should cary everything you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts