GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had fixed it, but the dreaded hesitation has returned. :grrrrrr: Since I have already rebuilt the TBI (including the pressure regulator), and replaced the fuel filter, the air filter, the spark plugs, the distributor cap, and rotor.....

What's the next logical move?

I am thinking the injectors need to be replaced. Shall I put some Techron injector cleaner through it first? Have the injectors rebuilt? Buy some new ones (about $70 for each one)?

The hesitation I am talking about can be felt at different speeds. Originally it was most noticeable at 10MPH when moving forward slowly in a traffic jam. Now you can also feel very slight hesitation intermittently at 40MPH as well. It happens under slight yet even push on the accelerator....the type that would maintain the current speed, not increase it. Once you get on the gas, it goes away and accelerates evenly. At complete idle, no miss whatsoever.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

And I would not call it a "miss" at all. For example, it doesn't sound like an ignition miss on one cylinder. The revs don't appear to change but you feel a hesitation in forward movement.That's why I was concerned about the transmission. It was just rebuilt.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I cant remeber did you check the fuel pressure?? that would be your next logical step. Since you have to have a min of 12 PSI...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Murdog. I don't have the tool to do that, but I will check into it. I need to add it to my tool set anyway.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I think AutoZone has the gauges to loan out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it. Thanks Silverado. I will check it out. I have a repair manual so I know the procedure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts