GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has this problem

I have an 03 Silverado 2500HD crewcab long box with a 6.0L, auto 4x4

When I have my camper on the truck...approx 2200lbs, I have a terrible hesitation/surge when between 2100-3000rpm. It doesn't seem to matter on which gear the trans is in as long as the torque convert is locked. I have replaced plugs, plugwires, fuel filter, air filter, had the trans serviced. I took it in to the local dealer and they said it was a defective torque converter which they replaced....still the same....took it back in and the checked the computer data and everything looks good...now they say it is a caracteristic of that vehicle...

Any comments or ideas

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
51 Posts
I hope you're not towing it in overdrive. Never tow anything with a lockup converter in OD. The face of the converter will burn up because the tranny will lock/unlock based upon the load. Blows, but ya gotta tow in 3rd gear, and you'll get nothing for gas mileage.

Just wondering if anyone has this problem

I have an 03 Silverado 2500HD crewcab long box with a 6.0L, auto 4x4

When I have my camper on the truck...approx 2200lbs, I have a terrible hesitation/surge when between 2100-3000rpm. It doesn't seem to matter on which gear the trans is in as long as the torque convert is locked. I have replaced plugs, plugwires, fuel filter, air filter, had the trans serviced. I took it in to the local dealer and they said it was a defective torque converter which they replaced....still the same....took it back in and the checked the computer data and everything looks good...now they say it is a caracteristic of that vehicle...

Any comments or ideas

Thanks in advance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts