GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 99 Suburban, and slowly its starting to have more problems. I just wanted to get on a site that is geared twords Suburbans. I had a 1990 in high school that lasted to 240000 miles. Its still running strong. However I have a 1999 Suburban and its currently overheating constantly. Hopefully I can get some good advice, as well as give some good advice too.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Hey guys I have a 99 Suburban, and slowly its starting to have more problems. I just wanted to get on a site that is geared twords Suburbans. I had a 1990 in high school that lasted to 240000 miles. Its still running strong. However I have a 1999 Suburban and its currently overheating constantly. Hopefully I can get some good advice, as well as give some good advice too.
Welcome to the site.

What kind of work have you done to the cooling system so far?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Welcome aboard,(Well they are boats)

Try a complete engine flush, someone may have used porta seal or some other type of radiator sealer and clogged something up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like its the intake gasket. This thing is going to be a pain in the ass to work on. Any tips?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
It looks like its the intake gasket. This thing is going to be a pain in the ass to work on. Any tips?
Actually shouldn't be too hard. Only suggestion I have is that you lay a small coating of RTV sealant (high heat) around the coolant ports of the heads, and intake manifold. Doesn't matter if the gasket has a sealer embossed on it. This will help prevent future leaks. Only the coolant ports, leave the intake ports alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts