GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

New to the forum,
I have two older models 97 and a 98 3500's I use for work.
I've owned quite a few Chevy trucks over the years and enjoy maintaining them myself.
I'm a GC in New York, mostly Stonework.

I like older models, don't like being flashy,
I figure I'd rather pay myself to repair them than the bank to own them.

My latest vehicle is a good story.
I bought a 97 3500 cutvan with a enclosed Stahl utility body for 2700.00 5.7 w/ 75000 miles
They had parked it 2 years ago most likely the lack of maintenance caught up with them.
They decided to sell it (needed to pay someone) so proceeded in repairing the problems themselves using a junkyard donor 4.3 minivan and who knows whatelse.
They blindly changed every sensor and the pcm. When I asked if she flashed the PCM she pulled the flasher relay from the top of the dash and said she couldn't figure out how to do it! Can't make this stuff up!!! Saugerties, NY don't stop there-just pass it by...

I'll see you in the threads
Jack

·
Registered
1997 Chevy Cheyenne K3500, cc, lb, dly, dzl, 2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71, 2003 Chevy Avalanche Z66
286 Posts
Welcome to the club, Jack!! There's always one out there that finds it easier to buy a new car than to take care of the one they have! Good luck in reassembling that van!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club, Jack.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club Jack.. Wise thinking on your part---> I figure I'd rather pay myself to repair them than the bank to own them.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Welcome Jack! I guess this is one instance where you can fix stupid! LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Earlier model are more my type too.
MDS

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Welcome!.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.