GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm Josh, straight outta Mobile. I signed up cause I kinda wanna keep this thing forever. Been changing stuff whether it needed it or not since I got it. I'd like to get it back close to factory. Anywho, you'll be seeing me around here and there checking out your rides and asking lame questions about mine. ✌🏼🤘🏼

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,361 Posts
Howdy and welcome

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You picked a grate year truck to keep forever. I have been having my 97 Silverado 3 door, since 2002. Ive been putting mine in the local car shows a lot. Its 24 years old, after all, and is in mint condition, inside and out, and also under the hood, has a lot of polished aluminum.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Please tell me about that bow tie under the hood!
Its aluminum that I cut out at work, I think its 18 GA. I polished the larger one, and painted the smaller one, then installed LEDs on the smaller one. I wired the LEDs into the mercury switch so it comes on when I open the hood. I bolted it in place with some rivet nuts. The LEDs are on the back of the smaller black bowtie. Here are a few pics.

Reactions: thegawd

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bowtie is a nice touch I love the way it came out man!

Transmission came in quickly! These guys do good work I would recommend them to anyone they have transfer cases as well. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts