GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my names Wil I'm new here. I just bout a 88' chevy extra cab long bed. Its 2wd has a 305(not for long I'm puttin a carb'd 350) and a 3-speed automatic with over drive I'm not sure on tranny modles. I wanna put in a 5 speed but I'll probably stick with the auto, its black and the scottsdale modle I dont know what that means. Any help? My knowlage is mostly in older vw bugs and honda's I'm only 18 so that explains it. I'm thinkin about lowering the truck but im not sure because i've been lookin at lift kits too. I was thinkin about shortening the frame and puttin a short box on it how hard would this be I know there will be lots of welding and cutting. I know I'd probably have to move the gas tank up or put in a fuel cell for it. Well yea I'll save these questions for those boards. So I'm not sure It might be a low rider or a jacked up pre-runner I'll know soon. Awesome site keep up the good work and I'll get pic's soon.

Peace,
Wil

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site. Would love to see some pics of your 88.

If you wanted to shorten the frame and put a short box on, you're looking at a pretty big project. There is quite a large amount of work to do to get this done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts