GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! My name is Mike. I live in Southeastern Kentucky. Living in this region means there is only one good paying occupation around, Coal Mining! I am a proud coal miner, but hate the hours i work. Having two kids to raise as well, I seldom have time for anything else! Who hasn't had that problem?

Anyway, I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500. Ive had the truck for about two years and am starting to need a little bit more out of it. The truck came with a 4.8L LR4 engine. There is not a lot of info on aftermarket parts and fittment for those parts that i have found yet, and thats why i am here. I know i will be asking some rather entry level questions, so please be patient.

Beyond that i do have one more vehicle that i am working on. i am trying to restore a '91 Mustang GT. Yeah i know, im not crazy about Ford either! Thats why im putting in a 383 Stroker down in that little body. It might be Ford tough, but it will be Chevy stuff under my hood! LOL!

I look forward to getting to know you guys, and learning more about my truck. Lord knows i sure am gonna need the help!

Have a good un!
Mike

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
539 Posts
welcome to the club, pretty much anything that fits on the 5.3, and 6.0 will work on the 4.8 as well

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club, Mike. As jbjohnson92f said most of the same performance parts work on all three engines, programmers, CAI's, headers exhaust etc..

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks guy! i've been looking around for parts. The aftermarket heads are really expensive arn't they! i was looking at a set of Trick Flow Gen V heads for it and they are like almost $2000 for the pair! I guess ill keep looking. lol

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish with your truck?? More low end torque for pulling or off-road or more higher rpm's for drag racing? Is your truck 4x4 or 2wd, reg. cab, ec cab or crewcab?? The stock heads aren't bad and with a little work they can flow some pretty good numbers and thats cheaper than new performance heads. If your truck is stock I would start with simple bolt-ons like a CAI, cat-back exhaust, longtube headers and a Diablo programmer.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C !

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome to the Club!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome to the club

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club Mike. I like the idea of the 383 in the Mustang :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to the club, im sure with all of the GM knowledge on here you can modify your truck to meets your needs!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there sure are some really good questions and answers on here. i've learned a lot just by reading the answers to questions already asked.

yeah man, Ford tough with Chevy stuff! lol

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Welcome to the club!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts