GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am new to this site and should do the intro thing. I recently bought my 1997 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 (best truck I have ever owned) and was looking for pics and stuff and came across this site. I am a commercial transport mechanic in Port Moody B.C. and a gearhead. This is not my first Chevy truck, I have owned a 1991 S-10, it was so low it barely driveable, a 1989 S-15 , pretty much stock but had some nice wheels on it, a 1981 GMC shortbox fleetside, lowered, smoothed, fast....I miss that one. And last but not least my favorite was my 1971 Chevy El camino, hugger orange, SS stripes, 350 hp, cheater slicks, you either loved it or hated it. I am looking for info on how to program door remotes if you know how or where to look it would be much appreciated. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Welcome to that club.
Sounds like you had a fun history with your trucks!!:party:

Don't forget to make up a signature!!:great:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hi guys, I am new to this site and should do the intro thing. I recently bought my 1997 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 (best truck I have ever owned) and was looking for pics and stuff and came across this site. I am a commercial transport mechanic in Port Moody B.C. and a gearhead. This is not my first Chevy truck, I have owned a 1991 S-10, it was so low it barely driveable, a 1989 S-15 , pretty much stock but had some nice wheels on it, a 1981 GMC shortbox fleetside, lowered, smoothed, fast....I miss that one. And last but not least my favorite was my 1971 Chevy El camino, hugger orange, SS stripes, 350 hp, cheater slicks, you either loved it or hated it. I am looking for info on how to program door remotes if you know how or where to look it would be much appreciated. :biggrin:
Welcome aboard, Armand71. I'm in Ontario. Feel free to check out and post anything of interest in Canada(regional forum).
Nice rides listed, its nice to have your experience as a mechanic onboard. The answer to your question is listed below, Thanks for joining us.

FOB Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the Liftgate Module (LGM) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

You may program up to 4 transmitters, using the following procedures:

No Tools Required
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

If it still doesn't work please repost.

·
Registered
717 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE :great:

·
Registered
136 Posts
welcome and hope you enjoy the site :great:

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Hey FELLOW CANUCK!! see that your from Port Moody, i am from Fort St John... WELCOME TO GMTC!! make sure you join our GM CANADIAN GROUP (can access it through my profile)... Nice to have you here... Please msg me if you need assistance or help navigating the website... If you need help your truck, check the forums first, before posting a new thread, there are thousands of threads and members that the same issues.. We are a great bunch of people, everyone will help you...Have fun posting...

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C ! Can't beat the El Caminos!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Welcome to the club!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts