GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my 2003 Tahoe LT, but I'm lusting after the new Tahoe. My '03 has only 36k miles, and I think with some customizations I can fool myself into thinking I have a new one.

I also feel the need to differentiate myself from the suburban grocery getter. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not me.

Just installed the Pioneer AVIC-Z2 DVD, Navigation, XM Radio, Bluetooth, rear view camera. This helps a lot.

Here are some other ideas I'm kicking around:

* Move driver's seat back. I'm 6'5" and the Tahoe is not that comfortable for long legs. Last week I rented a Chevy Cobalt with much better leg room.

* Billet grille

* Remove badging. I love the clean look.

* Custom instrument panel / bezel.

* Custom wheels

* Dual exhaust

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hi Jedd, Welcome. I'm kinda diggin' the escalade front end swap. I've seen it on a few now. Expensive I bet though.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Love my 2003 Tahoe LT, but I'm lusting after the new Tahoe. My '03 has only 36k miles, and I think with some customizations I can fool myself into thinking I have a new one.

I also feel the need to differentiate myself from the suburban grocery getter. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not me.

Just installed the Pioneer AVIC-Z2 DVD, Navigation, XM Radio, Bluetooth, rear view camera. This helps a lot.

Here are some other ideas I'm kicking around:

* Move driver's seat back. I'm 6'5" and the Tahoe is not that comfortable for long legs. Last week I rented a Chevy Cobalt with much better leg room.

* Billet grille

* Remove badging. I love the clean look.

* Custom instrument panel / bezel.

* Custom wheels

* Dual exhaust

Any input is appreciated.
Hey, I know what you mean about some of those models and lack of leg-room. I would think that the 2003 model would have enough legroom for you. What's your seat a 60/40 bench or buckets?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
60/40 or buckets leg room

My Tahoe has bucket seats. Ideally my seat would be both higher off the floor and further back. But it cannot be any higher due to lack of head room. At least it could theoretically be further back. I've heard it's no big deal to do this.

Thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts