GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed an HID kit in my 98 Suburban.It replaced the low beams-9006. Nothing happens-no light nothing.I did it with the DRL fuse removed,so I don't think it is because of the DRL. I also tried with the DRL fuse in-but with the lights turned to on before I put the key in so the DRL were never engaged.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is?
My suspicion is the DRL have some sort of soft start up,and I know that these HIDs require full voltage-help.
Thanks,
Charlie

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Did your HID's come in a kit with it's own wiring harness? The kit that I have has a direct power wire and then another wire that plugs into the driver's side low-beam plug to trigger the system to turn on when the low-beams are on and then the harness powers 2 ballasts connected to the bulbs. I'm not sure what your DRL's have to do with the HID's so I'm curious about your set-up.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darcy,
Thanks for the response.
This kit doesn't run wires to the battery, if that is what you are asking?
It literally plugs its"wiring harness into the stock plug that would normally plug into the 9006 bulb.The ballast and controller are integral in this wiring harness.

I think DRL run low voltage to the bulbs,and I 'm pretty sure these bulbs won't respond to low voltage.
Thanks,
Charlie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts