GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 suburban and am looking at getting HIDs. Looking for info on the most bang for the buck ebay seems like a good place but am wondering about reliability and quality, any recommendations out there???

·
Registered
380 Posts
I highly recommend HID's because I myself bought a kit and installed them. However, I am learning a big lesson. I bought a "cheap" priced kit online for $120 dollars off of eBay and I am having a hard time getting them to work (together at least, both lights work separately though). Basically, I wish I had just bought a name-brand kit from a Auto shop and payed the $250 or whatever because now I am having a hard time returning my eBay kit. There easy to install, work TREMENDOUSLY, but if you want one that lasts years and not days; don't buy them from eBay unless they are an online authorized re-seller. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I bought my kit for $160 from a dealer through Ebay and the kit has worked great! The peeps who I bought from were very helpfull with advice about color selection etc. You will find that a custom vehicle-specific kit is the way to go instead of a generic kit. PM me if you want their ste.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts