GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if people are more interested in lifting their Tahoe, or dropping it to the ground. To each his own, they both have a purpose.

If you have lifted or dropped, how high or how low?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dropped mine 3" in the rear and about 3/4" in the front to level it out. I hear it's a sin to drop a 4X4 but I actually love the tighter ride and it still handles the dirt roads in the mountains I have to go over to get to my cabin.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would have to go high and bigger tires not to big though. I went a little bigger with mines I have now, 265 75 with sort of an aggressive tread with the stock rim.

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
If anything I would also go up. Not too high, but at least level. I'd like to level my crew cab, but don't want to mess with the torsion bars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I plan on dropping the rear 2" for a more level appearance with the 22's. 2" front and 3" rear may be pushing it since the wife drives it more often than I do.

She's tired of me tinkerin' with our (family) toys. :sulk: :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
I personally want mine higher but not sure how high. I want my Tahoe to look a little aggresive with height and beefier tires and kick @ss billet type rims. Isn't there a website out there somewhere that lets you see what your vehicle would look like with custom rims/tires on it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
The only way to get anywhere is to move UP!:biggrin: I personally am looking at a mild 1 1/2-2" lift for my Yukon. I currently run 285/70R17 on 17" Denali rims and would like to maybe go up to a 305. I like a truck that has a nice stance but is still practical around town or if the wife wants to drive it. That is also why I have a 1973 Jeep. She's not real crazy about riding in it and with no power steering, no power brakes, and 3 speed manual tranny her ever driving it is out of the question! But Definitely UP!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts