GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked online at the Hypertech site and called a couple of stores and no one shows a programmer for the 5.3 315hp 07 Silverado. Could it be that re-programming will foobar the active fuel management?

I mean...the 315hp is nice, but 316hp is better, right? :sign0021:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
My programmer, Hypertech Max Energy model 32004 says it works for the 4.8 and 5.3L. Check it out at stylintrucks.com. and let me know what you think because I'm sure I've got some free shipping coupons that will save you like 28 bucks that they charge to ship it. I had mine in like 3 days :great:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Kris -- I've got a call into Hypertech support just to make sure. If they ok the ME with the active fuel mgmnt, then I'm off to stylintrucks.com and I'll ping you on the coupons!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
This website I found lists the Hypertech Max Energy Power Programmer #32000 for the 2005-2007 5.3 HO application.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hey JDR if you hold off just a little bit I'll be writing a review of mine to let you know how it works out. I think there are better programmers for pure muscle out there but as far as fuel economy Hypertech is claiming there's is the best. If your looking more into horsepower the edge would probly suit you nice. I was watching trucks the other day and they installed one in an 07 5.3 Avalanche and that thing was a beast when done. They offer more power tuning options as well. But good luck. At let me know I'll see if I can round up a coupon. I think truckaddons.com has no shipping charge right now on it too.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
How many folks are there interested in buying a programmer in the next 30 days? Maybe we can work out a group-buy price. ??

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
How many folks are there interested in buying a programmer in the next 30 days? Maybe we can work out a group-buy price. ??
I would buy one for the Suburban if the price is right:great:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would like to get one but I dont know if they have one for the 4.3l 2008?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Steve ,

hell yah dude i would go in for one ..

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm planning on getting one. Tax return should be here any day! :rules::sign0011:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok - Hypertech just got back to me, and they agree with you, Kris, the Max Energy part number for my truck is #32004.

If anyone wants to check on a group purchase discount, I'm in!!

:sign0021:

·
Registered
50 Posts
which one to get?

ive been looking for a programmer also...not sure what to go with though. i want max mpg, but i want to be able to adjust for bigger tires and different gear ratios for when i lift and re-gear...and i want to be able to tune it for max performance too! here are the ones im looking at;

http://www.4wheelparts.com/manufacturer-productlisting.aspx?ptID=3169&mid=hyp&subCat=33

what is the difference between the max energy and the power programmer 3? will they both do what im looking for? ill get in on this group order if i can figure out which one to get.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well guys I just posted my first real review of the product and I think you'll like it. Check it out in the Other Hypertech thread. :great:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...what is the difference between the max energy and the power programmer 3? will they both do what im looking for? ill get in on this group order if i can figure out which one to get.
Hypertech told me that they're phasing out the PPIII. The Max Energy is it's replacement.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Too late for me, I put a money order in the mail today for one.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
We're in phase 1 of getting a Street Team together to help with negotiations with group buys, discounts, coupons and more. Probably this Saturday we'll install some components to help this process along so we can make an impact for member's benefits.

·
Registered
50 Posts
30 day money back, no ???'s asked

if anyone is thnking about getting a hypertech max energy power programmer, get it now! they have a 30 day money back guarantee, no questions asked...if you dont like it, send it back for a full refund. i just ordered mine today, only thing is, it only has a premium gas tune for my truck. if i can inly find regular gas, i have to tune it back to stock until i can find more 91-93 octane gas. i can still run the top speed limiter, gear ratios's, and tire size on the regular gas, b ut no tune. i normally use mid grade(89 here), but if i have to use premium to save at the pump, i will. if this one doesnt do what i like, ill get something from superchips.com or edge power.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts