GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are supposed to be two horns on a 2002 GMC Yukon. Problem is - I can only find one of them. The Haynes shop book says they are located on either side of the lower radiator support. I've found the one on the passenger side of the car pretty easily, but search as I may I can't find the one on the driver's side.

Any advice on tracking this little guy down?

Thanks.

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Disconnect the one that you have found and then have someone honk the horn until you track the remaining little guy down.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Disconnect the one that you have found and then have someone honk the horn until you track the remaining little guy down.
Yup that how I would look for it, providing the other horn is working you should have no problem finding it.

But then if it doesn’t work you could have a little bit of trouble.

Are you trying to replace a defective horn?

If so just get a set that are hooked together on the same anchor. Then just run your wire that is attached to the working horn to those. If need be you can just split that wire into 2 and hook them both up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still Stumped

Actually - I didn't write it in my post, but both horns are out. Lost the high tone a few months back which wasnt a problem until the low tone went out last week. Now I can't honk at anyone in traffic! ;) Actually, it's really more of an annoyance when locking the car - I like the audible affirmation that the 'beep' of the horn gives when I press the lock button on the key fob.

I've ordered OEM replacement horns (I know - crazy because they are twice as expensive as aftermarket horns... but I love this truck and I am passionate about OEM spec stuff on it - even horns).

So... all that said, I still need to find the one located on the driver's side, that is supposedly mounted to the lower radiator support. If anyone can give me a clue I'd REALLY appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Remove the driver's side head light and look down the hole where the back of the headlight lives. It's probably 12" or so down there, at least that's where I found it on my Dad's 05 Denali XL. Looks like a bugger to get to.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Gary's right it is way down there. I just checked a neighbours truck like yours. It don't look pretty for getting it out. God speed. Mind the knuckles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just replaced the passenger side of my Yukon Xl fairly easy. I do recommend OEM and not the universal horns I bought at NAPA. (They require trimming the connector to fit which seems McGeivered at best. With the passenger side (high horn on my vehicle) I could not easily find the driver side (low) horn.

If I had to do it again ~ I would just buy trumpets and use the passenger side wires and mount and call it a day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts