GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll probably have to add quite a bit to this section of the website.

How many corvette lovers out there?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would have to agree that the new vet looks awesome and is was a great feeling when a guy driving one complamented me on my truck

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
What a turn on, but......

God, I love the 07 Corvette. It has to be the best yet. But, before I spent $60 - $70k+ on an 07 Corvette, I'd rather go for something like this 62 Corvette Convertible. While it won't compete at the same level, I think the number of smiles per mile are about the same and the value wouldn't sink with every mile on the odometer.
corvette Parts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Older IS Better.

God, I love the 07 Corvette. It has to be the best yet. But, before I spent $60 - $70k+ on an 07 Corvette, I'd rather go for something like this 62 Corvette Convertible. While it won't compete at the same level, I think the number of smiles per mile are about the same and the value wouldn't sink with every mile on the odometer.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m just old school.

Had a 76 Stingray, the last of the Stingrays. Was nothing but a ticket machine. I could be doing 3 MPH over the speed limit and got a ticket for it.

They always were and always be the best of the best as far as I am concerned. The cutting edge of the muscle cars, no matter what year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
King of the Hill

'vettes rule! I have a plain jane '87 coupe, and love it. the odometer is right around 289,XXX miles and still running strong. Waiting to purchase an old school C4 Zr-1 in a few months, and finally say goodbye to my old friend. :smile:

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
1967 L71 Convertible in Silver, for me this is the ultimate Corvette, that would be the 427 with 435hp.
I have driven a 1994 ZR1, that was fun!!!!!

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I would have to agree to buy one of the older one's instead, they don't make them like they used too. I don't consider myself a Corvette fan, but I do like the 57'-62 convertibles! Barrett Jackson is full of all of GM's museum and experimental cars for sale, what a shame that they are selling off pieces of their history!

·
Registered
28 Posts
sickest vette i've seen, aside from the 62 or 63....but nothing can compare to them

ready to see a murdered out '10

·
Registered
63 Posts
Vettes In Europe

I had a 2002 C5 Corvette Coupe in Germany and Italy. Not many Americans really understands how great a car the Corvette is until you put them up against the so-called best cars in the world from Germany and Italy. I admit I had quite a few bolt ons and was probably making about 450Hp at the end of my time in Europe, but I beat some fairly awesome cars including many Porsches, Euro spec Vipers, Mercedes AMGs, plenty of BMWs including M3s, several Ferraris, Jags etc. etc. on road courses and the autobahn. I am very proud of the American Icon Corvette. Wish I had a ZR1 to take over!!! I had my Vette at Nurburgring for 4 laps...what a trip that was!!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
My love for corvettes was strengthened when I went around a corner rated for 45 doing 92 with my friend when he let me drive his 06 Corvette 6 speed

·
Registered
150 Posts
My fascination for corvettes started when I was a little kid. Now I am the proud owner of a 1978. Normally not a speeder but it is hard not to in a corvette. Within the first two weeks of ownership I got stopped for doing 98 in a 55 zone. A very nice state trooper took one looked at my temporary tags and said "take it you just got her and wanted to try her out" (yes officer) "well she looks too good to end up wrapped around a tree somewhere so how about you slow it down and we'll call this a verbal warning". It was a lucky day!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
The vette is my dream car, one day i will have one, oh yes she will be mine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts