GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drove mine to work even though it is not a daily driver IMG_0255.JPG and thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Smooth Cadillac ride and comfort. Huge imposing body to block A-holes from cutting me off, and an engine with plenty of passing power to leave texting twits in the traffic tangle. And nothing broke, no lights came on, no weird noises...just a beautiful machine making beautiful magic up and down the road.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
mines a daily driver and today I drove through one hell of a thunderstorm, being Feb 24 it should be a snow storm but we havent had snow stick to the ground in the last month. I got stuck behind a few cars and when the rain let up a bit I left them in my dust, or rather wake. I cant stand being stuck behind paranoid drivers speeding up and slowing down, sure the storm was pretty bad at times but not crazy like a hurricane, I kinda felt like I was in twister though. LOL and had to get the heck away from those cars before cows start flying n takes one out.

Bonus.... free truck wash! :)

haha have a great night!

Al

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
El Niño...we have cold and rain (usually warm sunshine), and you can't get the snow you're accustomed to.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
yup... it sure screwed my maple syrup season right up! I had plans to make 30 jars of it... now I wont be making one. thats my biggest piss off! its been one lack of winter here with wild temp swings.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup... it sure screwed my maple syrup season right up! I had plans to make 30 jars of it... now I wont be making one. thats my biggest piss off! its been one lack of winter here with wild temp swings.
That sucks...I haven't been to Canada much, but it seems like a nice lifestyle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i drove mine to work even though it is not a daily driver View attachment 92146 and thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Smooth Cadillac ride and comfort. Huge imposing body to block A-holes from cutting me off, and an engine with plenty of passing power to leave texting twits in the traffic tangle. And nothing broke, no lights came on, no weird noises...just a beautiful machine making beautiful magic up and down the road.
Now that I am retired I don't drive every day.
Sometimes I just hunt an excuse to go somewhere so I can drive the Suburban.
I am trying to come up with a fitting name but so far Burby is all I can think of.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I let mine rest today...tomorrow it loads up kids and heads to rugby practice...you can see mine in the pix gallery.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Transmission service: fluid & filter and check..the 4L85e checks out great! Also an oil &filter change

·
Registered
601 Posts
sadly let it rust in the driveway! Busy doing house reno and not much time for anything else right now.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sadly let it rust in the driveway! Busy doing house reno and not much time for anything else right now.
I have been there! Worth it when done, but lots of time and effort. Always more time than it was supposed to be, more effort than it was supposed to be and more $ than it was supposed to be!

·
Registered
192 Posts
i cleaned out the garage a little today, took a load of crap to the dumpster...love the ride, and love the feel every time it starts up. had a couple feet of snow last week, she handled it all like the tank that she is...even had to put it in 4 wheel drive at one point, just to make the wife feel better. not the deepest amount of snow last week...had one point this winter in the middle of the night I was pushing thru about even with the front bumper...i didnt need the wife there to tell me to put in 4 wheel that time, as soon as I saw that backroad, I pushed the button....still handled it all with ease, and looking back on it, it was quite the adventure

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IMG_0594.JPG
This may sound stupid to some here; it is certainly not on par with an engine swap, SAS, etc., but it allowed me to enjoy my truck today. I fixed something that had been nagging me and had no replacement parts.

I know I'm not the only one that has had a messed up center console in one vehicle or another. They have traditionally been made with flimsy materials and poor designs despite constant use (and abuse) by the driver and passengers. My console open and close button was broken. It had to be locked to keep the spring loaded lid down and the lock latch didn't work well either. We made due, but when the wife wanted to put her purse in there, I always got nervous.

My day started without this project on my to do list. All I wanted to do was relax by driving my truck down to the junk yard, and checking out the inventory. I was really enjoying myself and chatting with the guys running the yard when I saw another center console in decent shape. I remembered my issue and grabbed it cheap for parts. You can't really swap these due to the issues with keys for the lock. You really need to fix the one that you have a key for. After Frankensteining parts, working with parts that do not come apart, and being thwarted by the unforgiving truck gods, I finally had a break through. I was able to finagle, finesse and fix the broken latch button and console lock to make my console like new!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I washed it, parked it to the side of the garage and put it under its custom cover. I'm resting it and preparing it for our summer road trips.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Used it to roll coal on some Prius drivers, bought a gun, ammo, and brought home an old table and chairs. I promise I'm not as redneck as this implies

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've been prepping it for our road trip this weekend. But a carbon fiber overlay of the front bowtie and side 4x4 decals. Then I went around to touched up all the small scratches and such with touch up paint. Replace the stereo HU last week and added some interior LED lights for the kids lol. Yesterday I replaced the tailgate cables cause they were rusted at the ends closest to the tailgate. All little stuff here and there. Well except for the Red Optima battery I also replaced the other day, doh!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Used it to roll coal on some Prius drivers, bought a gun, ammo, and brought home an old table and chairs. I promise I'm not as redneck as this implies
'merica! F yea! :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
New front calipers... Finally replaced the original factory ones... They were starting to hang.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Brakes bled and new power booster plus a master cylinder (with reservoir). The truck needed the brake fluid replaced and the broken power booster replaced. Since the master cylinder was coming off anyway, replacing it now is cheap insurance and a worthwhile upgrade. The brake fluid is crystal clear now.

1 - 20 of 338 Posts