GM Truck Club Forum banner

341 - 350 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Winter beach camping At silver strand state beach in Coronado, California. Serendipitous schedule of a birthday, a youth rugby game, great people and great weather converge fo the first camping trip of the year. After a cross country trip last year, it’s nice to stay close to home.

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
I need to change the starter; but with last night at -20c and snow over night tonight, I think it will be next week before it get it done.
Usually, it's a small job, and a 10 min job; but, I have engine oil cooling lines and they cause a real restriction to getting the starter out and back into place. So, I'll wait for a warmer day.

Reactions: thegawd

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Replaced my plastic tank radiator with a three row all aluminum one. The plastic one was leaking at the oil cooler interface. Both oil and antifreeze seeped out every time I drove it. Never again.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Replaced my plastic tank radiator with a three row all aluminum one.
I think you'll like it, I bought one a year and a half ago. It keeps my engine cool even during the summer, at a light with the A/C on - LOVE IT! Got this one...

·
Registered
2014 GMC Sierra Z71
108 Posts
Nice truck, Play. My first was a 1990(?) Shortbed Cheyenne single cab 3 speed on the floor, 4x4. Hand crank windows, bench seat, slider rear window and single headlights. Medium blue with silver sides. I'd like another one like that again...

Howd I enjoy my truck today? It's a burgundy 2014 GMC Sierra SLE upgraded to heated leather seats a d is the most comfortable vehicle I personally have ever owned. Maybe not specific to today, but since I got it this past April, I drove Boston to Virginia Beach and back. Then up to Prince Edward Island and back. Then down to Kissimmee Fla and back. Come October I plan to drive it out to Big Sky Montana and back. This thing is a land ark made for long distance, comfortable highway travel and weekend warrior project work.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Well, it's going to hit 62 degrees on Monday, so we're changing the oil, filter, going with all synthetic oil. And the transfer case fluid and will soon be ready for some road trips soon. Thinking about putting in a CB radio. Been sitting since November, Needed a new battery last Friday, so it was up to AutoZone for a new AC Delco. Starts up fine filled the tires with air. And I am getting ready to put 2 new Inner fender liners. Going to be a nice summer.

·
Registered
2014 GMC Sierra Z71
108 Posts
JT those big Blazers like in your picture are my favorite vehicle ever. I had two, but later models, a 93 and 94. Last of them.

I had a CB in the big Blazer, and I put one in my 14 Sierra. I dont know where you are out of, but there's not a lot of chatter in the Northeast. I got a set up with Weather, and when I'm out a hundred miles or so from home, the radio starts to perk up.

When Wayz wants to send me some cockamamie direction all of a sudden, I have a chance to listen to the 18 wheelers letting me know there's a crash ahead or something.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
JT those big Blazers like in your picture are my favorite vehicle ever. I had two, but later models, a 93 and 94. Last of them.

I had a CB in the big Blazer, and I put one in my 14 Sierra. I dont know where you are out of, but there's not a lot of chatter in the Northeast. I got a set up with Weather, and when I'm out a hundred miles or so from home, the radio starts to perk up.

When Wayz wants to send me some cockamamie direction all of a sudden, I have a chance to listen to the 18 wheelers letting me know there's a crash ahead or something.
That is why I thought it might be a good, inexpensive mod. It's the last free line of communications available to us. Cell phone are OK to a point. I over do a lot of things on my 1988 Blazer, but it is all in the name of a good habit. At least it keeps me sober and sane.

341 - 350 of 350 Posts