GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how you painted them but have a good idea of maybe how to but not completly sure. The tow hook's i bought came chipped in a few places and i never sent them back nothin really bad. The reason i am putting them back on cause i'm about to sell my bull bar soon. I was thinking about sanding them down and then coating it with primer and then going with some rusteolum black paint or a gloss back if anyone know's where i could find it and going from there? If anyone can tell me better examples of doing this please chime in and if you know where i can find some gloss black paint for metal let me know also thanks..

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Does anybody have info ha...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You could probably find everything you need at home depot. Grab some rough sandpaper, some primer and a can of gloss/ flat black paint and you should be set. Home depot most likely has spray paint specifically for metal.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea that's what i figured man thanks for the info bud.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Anytime. Let us know how it turns out:glasses:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea man i will do it next week most likely when after i sell the bull bar and hopefully my python auto start/security system i have a habit of buying things and after a while getting new things and end up to like it better. When i sell this i plan on getting some black nerf bars and fixing the dent in my truck with the money i get from selling this. I don't have much more i want to do after other than a spray in bed liner,new muffler,new 35 12.50 nitto's,programmar,cold air intake and maybe header's and be pretty much done until i find something else to do lol..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea man i found that out once you start you just can't help yourself until you run outta money haha.. i was thinking about also a 1.5 inch zone body lift to add onto my 7.5 inch lift i would be fine at 9 inches.. i kinda like the tow mirrors but i'm not sure though...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I like the look of tow mirrors, and you get more visibility. You probably don't need a body lift, 7.5 in. is a lot of lift, and you should easily clear the 35s at that height, Unless of course you want to go bigger lol. If it were me, I would save the money for other suspension parts, such as U-joints, bushings, ball joints etc...cuz you'll wear those parts out a lot quicker due to the lift.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i was thinking about the tow mirror's with the smoked recon L.E.D. cab roof lights would look pretty good.. then it would look like a 2500 but sure wouldn't have the power lol..

·
Registered
539 Posts
i like the tow mirrors as well, but only if the truck is lifted 6 or more inches like yours, other wise they look to big for the truck

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah idk when but i'm gonna have some soon just have to do some other mod's first ha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts