GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a set of headers. I live in the salty Midwest,and am wondering about what brand to get. Tell me about yours and how they last, leak,coatings, or what have you. Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
well i have just recently been installing headers and new exhaust on my truck and it has not seen the road yet, however i ended up putting stainles steel ones on it just because i live in new york and they also kill us up here with salt. i found them on ebay and they are arent hookers or anything but they were about 130 shipped and came with all the hardware and gaskets, i just got them yesterday and they were very solid and they gaskets were actually great quality too. So i would check there first because that will help with the rusting. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kk thanks let me know how they hold up

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Pacesetter long tube headers on my 2002 silverado, i live in Saskatchewan Canada. They were put on last spring, I tried to paint them with high temperature heat paint, and that was a joke, that paint didn't do jack ****. But underneath the paint there was pacesetters black primer, and it's still held on there for a year. The gaskets they give you are garbage, get thick soft aluminum gaskets, i can't remember what ones i got but they're 1/4" thick, and compress down to 1/8 inch, and form to any warped headers or manifolds. They expand faster with heat then the headers, so they make an unbelievable seal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts