GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking I've been in WA, OR, ID, MT, CA, NV, AZ, NM, CO, KS, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, IL NY. (Plus BC Canada and Tijuana, Mexico)

I've been to 20 states. I guess the number of states you've been in depends on where you live. WA is as big as New England which is like 10 states.

·
1,532 Posts
WA, OR, CA, NV, ID, UT, AZ, MT, WY, CO, NM, OK, TX, GA, IL, MD, DC (though it technically isn't a state), PA, NY, VT, NH, ME.

If you want to include Canadian Provinces: PEI, NB, NS (token crossing of the border, didn't spend any real time), PQ, ONT, ALB, BC

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
CA, HI, OR, AZ, NV, UT, ID, MT, CO, NM, NE, KS, OK, TX, OH, IN, IL, IA, MO, AR, IL, TN, MS, KY, WV, PA, NY, NJ, FL, NC, and Washington DC. Also France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, England, Monaco, Vatican City, Jamaica, and Mexico.

I've been to the top of:
  • Eiffel Tower
  • Leaning Tower of Pisa
  • Washington Monument
  • Empire State Building
  • World Trade Center
Highest point 12,095 ft. Independence Pass, CO
Lowest point: -282 ft Badwater, Death Valley, CA

30 States, Washington DC, 7 countries and 2 principalities. Whew!
Now if I can find those "two tickets to paradise" I can add Tahiti.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Would this include states you went to as a kid also, or are you talking states that you've gone to on your own only?

In total:IA,IL,IN,KS,TX,FL,ND,SD,NH,NJ,NY,MD,NC,TN,VA,WV,OH,NM,PA,AR,GA,VT,ME,CT,RI,AK.
Vancouver, Ontario, Quebec.

I wanted to do the honeymoon in Tahiti, but the wife wanted to cruise to Alaska. I figured it was too early in the marriage to give her grief about where we did the honeymoon thing, so we took the cruise to Alaska. Great scenery, but not a place I'd like to live though. Prices are WAY too high. You could probably make a killing if you opened a tattoo shop in any of the tourist cities.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess since I drove a tractor-trailer , it wouldnt be fair for me to list them all , would it :biggrin:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same as cafs here being a truck driver and traveling with dad as a kid since he was a trucker also. Also a few overseas areas, Turkey, Germany, England & Haiti.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
State of denile!

Oh,in,ill,ky,wv,va,sc,nc,ga,fl,tn,nj.nyc,dc,pa,nm,ut,wa,nv,mo,can,co,md,mi,ka,ok,az,The country of Texas, confusion, denile,depression. Purto Rico, St Thomas,Antiga, Barbados,St Martain.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I guess it is also unfair for me too because I am a flight Engineer but the countries I have been too are:
Iceland
Greenland
Siciliy
Italy
Spain
mexico
Canada
Sweden
Switzerland
Norway
Poland
Signapore
France
Austrailia
New Zealand
Tahiti
Granada
Barbados
Antiquia
St. Martin
St. THomas
Martinique
Germany
Saudi Arabia (Navy)
Kuwait (Navy)
Dubai United Emirates
Belgium
Puerto Rico
Ireland
Scotland
I think I covered all of them. Might have missed a few. As for states
the NJ,NY,MA,ME,VT,NH,RI,CONN,PA,DE,DC,VA,W.VA,NC,SC,GA,FL,KY,Tenn,LA,CA,CO,OH,AR,MI,MO,WI,TX,KS,IN,MD.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Well I guess it is also unfair for me too because I am a flight Engineer but the countries I have been too are:
Iceland
Greenland
Siciliy
Italy
Spain
mexico
Canada
Sweden
Switzerland
Norway
Poland
Signapore
France
Austrailia
New Zealand
Tahiti
Granada
Barbados
Antiquia
St. Martin
St. THomas
Martinique
Germany
Saudi Arabia (Navy)
Kuwait (Navy)
Dubai United Emirates
Belgium
Puerto Rico
Ireland
Scotland
I think I covered all of them. Might have missed a few. As for states
the NJ,NY,MA,ME,VT,NH,RI,CONN,PA,DE,DC,VA,W.VA,NC,SC,GA,FL,KY,Tenn,LA,CA,CO,OH,AR,MI,MO,WI,TX,KS,IN,MD.
"Join the military. See the world!"

·
Registered
46 Posts
Actually only a handful of those places I went to were when I was in the Navy. I am a Flight Engineer currently for a Fortune 500 corporate flight department who travels heavily overseas.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Actually only a handful of those places I went to were when I was in the Navy. I am a Flight Engineer currently for a Fortune 500 corporate flight department who travels heavily overseas.
Thank you for your service!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
ME, NH, VT, NY, MA, CT, NJ, DC, WV, VG, NC, SC, TN, KT, OH, FL, TX, AR,

I think that’s it, I am also visiting the state of confusion on a regular basis.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like a great job! any favorite countries?
Austrailia and New Zealand are probably two of the nicest places I have been too.
France sucks (Well mostly the people)
Europe in general has some of the oldest most beautiful buildings I have ever seen and the history there is absolutey amazing.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I have been to Australia around 1990. My Wife's parents lived there for a year because he worked for Alcoa aluminum and was working at the Portland, Victoria plant. We spent a month there for Christmas and New Year's and it was summertime. The favorite daily past-time was going to the beach daily at low-tide and looking for shark's teeth that wash up on the beach. My in-laws have hundreds! Some were huge and fossilized from extinct sharks, some were still white and will make nice jewlery someday. I did see the sights around Melbourne and Sydney, up the coast and the mountain ranges. Beautiful to say the least!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have driven my yukon through:
NE,KS,IA,MI,IL,IN,NY,CT,MA,DE,PA,MD,VA,NC,GA,SC,AL,MS,LA,AR,OK,TN,OH, Washington D.C. and of course TEXAS!
additionally I have been to:

CO,NM,MO,KY,FL,WV,MN,RI

as well as:
Canada and Mexico

1 - 20 of 53 Posts