GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Classic 4x4 Chevrolet
stock tire size is 265/70/17

I would like maybe a little wider of a tire, maybe one size taller. What's the max size before I might start rubbing stuff when turning?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You should be able to clear 285/70/17's. Are you still running the stock rim? If you are and you want to change, go with a wider wheel to give you a much better look something like 8-9" woud look pretty good. Also If you want give a couple cranks on your torsion bars and you'll you clear the tire's fine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be able to clear 285/70/17's. Are you still running the stock rim? If you are and you want to change, go with a wider wheel to give you a much better look something like 8-9" woud look pretty good. Also If you want give a couple cranks on your torsion bars and you'll you clear the tire's fine.
Yeah, everything on the truck is stock, except for the bed cover and the AMSOIL .. LOL

I am considering the leveling kit, installed by professionals to give me the stance I am wanting, but it will have to wait until I get a few payments under my belt and make sure I figure out what my budget really is.

I could have gotten a sweeeet deal on some Goodyears from a local performance shop that does lifts and stuff, but they were for 18" wheels..:frown:

·
Registered
50 Posts
how?

i s it hard to cranks the torsion bars on a 99' tahoe? how would i go about doing that?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'm not the one to ask as I've never done them myself :) but there's tons of
4x4 owners on here. But as far as I know you'll have a set of factory keys that fit on the torsion bars and you turn in a clockwise pattern. Be careful of the aftermarket keys because they allow you to crank to far causing premature wear. I'm sure someone else will chime in with some more info for ya tho. :great:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts