GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Lowes with a record load. 3 10x8 shed kits, a dozen pressure treated 4x4's, 8 sheets of plywood and assorted other goodies. When the sales clerk asked if I brought a pick up truck, I politely told her that I brought my suburban. Of course she asked if it would fit and I said of course it is a suburban!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
WOW, 3 shed kits? Going to build three sheds or one big one?

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
best I''ve done is 8 people....it did great and everyone was comfortable :) . I LOVE BURBS ;)

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
The wife has come home with more feed than the thing was ever meant to carry.

So much the dam wheel wells were sitting on the tires.

Me personally I have gotten 20 sheets of ½” plywood assorted boxes of nil gun nails and other incidentals.

People really don’t believe how much you can fit in these things until they see it for themselves.

My buddy borrowed our tiller to till his garden last week. He picked it up, and I was over there helping him with something the other day, can’t remember what but he said he was done with the tiller did I want him to bring it back?

Hell no throw it in the back of the Burb.

6 and ½ hp rear tine tiller, he grabbed one side I grabbed the other and we just slid her in, used the rear passenger seat belt to tie it down and off I went.

16 square bails of hay will fit in the 86, not sure about the 94.

30 bags of shavings for animal bedding.

I have on occasion even put a few people in them to.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For rent 1 bedroom aluminum condo

WOW, 3 shed kits? Going to build three sheds or one big one?
I'm going to use them as apartments to rent. JK!
My garage is full and I want to build a mother-in-law apartment. My stuff is too precious to throw away so I'm going to relocate it. Nice to have an acre to hide in on.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I had a pallet/skid of specialty colored sand loaded into my burb by forklift.
Weighed in at 3200lbs. The truck barely even dropped under the load.
But then it's supposed to be able to carry 3600lbs, so I wasn't worried.

I just wish I has a forklift at home so I didn't have to unload all those bags.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I fit a folding trailer in the back of mine. Also, a gun safe, 8 people, six months worth of groceries, etc etc. My wife fit an upright organ in the Envoy. I have yet to find something I can't haul.:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
loaded

One time when I was moving due to the army. My wife loaded her Tacoma Extra cab with things that she wanted to keep with her until the rest of our items showed up the toy wasloaded from rear to front and then I was towing that truck behind my 89 Burb and there wasonly room in it for us to sit in the front two seats. That was a long trip

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have to admit, I used to hate Suburbans, until I needed something with some hauling ability for my home projects.

For my downstairs drywall project, I had most of the drywall I needed, but to finish off the project.

I hauled 10 sheets of drywall.
6 sheets of corn "soundproof" barrier panels
A rental 3 toe joe panel lift for the ceiling.
A full drywall mud taping set (rental).
3 or 4 boxes of ceiling texture.

During the summers I take the Burb to the drive in theater with my kids. I back it up to the screen, we pile into the back with pillows and junk food.

I love this beast

1 - 9 of 9 Posts