GM Truck Club Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
781 Posts
Last week got our first real snow of the season with the 6 incher I mentioned, since then we have had another 8 incher and we are now in the middle of a 13 inch blizzard. Then the temp will plummet to what is expected to be record low temps by Wednesday. We are expecting to break the lowest high temp ever which is at -12°F and then that night we might break the coldest ever temp of -26°F. Then just to make it more fun the wind will kick up and drive the wind chill to around -55°F.

My truck is buried pretty deep right now, the new snow is up to the top of the bumpers, and the plows have been piling even more. I hope it will climb out when it is time to go home.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
we have had pretty much the same weather here Jeff but not as much snow has fallen, it also all melted in one day last week and was almost all covered back over the next day. LOL. which was great for the field rink that i have going on here. so I had a look at a map to see where abouts you are compared to me here in southern Ontario, i am pretty much due east of you. So we do share a lot of the same weather systems but you obviously get the brunt of it. We have a full out blizzard right now but only a couple inches of snow has fallen if that and i can still see the grass poking through. But since i had a look at the radar your storm is heading straight at me and maybe the weather forecasters got this one right.

I have today off from work, im home trying to get **** done. Mainly firewood. yesterday i broke the solenoid off the starter on the sierra and had to use the burb to go harvest timber. Its stacked and waiting to be brought home. Today i have chopped a bunch of firewood and now am about to attempt to replace this starter with a brand new one... wish me luck. i wanna go get that damn timber before we really get hammered. LOL.

have a good one all, stay warm and throw some more logs on the fire!

Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just read that Ontario had a few of the coldest temperatures on the entire planet this morning. -48.8 C just north of Geraldton. It was -31C here this morning. Snowing again right now and have been doing the driveway both morning and night over the last couple of weeks

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Right now it's 75 degrees with a 5 mph breeze, feels like 74 LMAO! That's why we choose to live here in Arizona. I was raised in Wisconsin, lived in Alaska for 2 years so I know what it's like...

·
Registered
697 Posts
It was a balmy -3F ambient this afternoon -20F w/wind chill here in my corner of OH, just a dusting of snow but frozen roads all over. Glad to say though the truck again as expected performed flawlessly, drove all over today, still no extra weight in the back no sweat.

Reactions: RayVoy
21 - 25 of 25 Posts