GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to everyone. Nice to be a member here.

I did a search and didn't see this covered, if so, my apologies. I purchased a set of OEM Hummer wheels for my 'Burb and received wheels, caps, lug nuts, and O-rings. What are the O-rings used for in this application? I'm sure I must be missing something simple.

Help!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Run flat Hummer tires

Pretty trippy those Hummer wheels. Check out these two narratives on wheel replacement for the Hummer. Sounds like quite a job!
Hummer.off-road.com or flashoffroad.com

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unplugged,

Thanks for the articles, interesting reading, but that isn't me. I have the Hummer H2 wheels which are 1 piece wheels that included O-rings that are too large for the lug nuts, too small for the center caps (five wheels and I received 5 O-rings).

This is supposed to be a popular swap on 3/4 tons. Help.

·
Super Moderator
6,542 Posts
Your wheels arent from a truck with CTIS (Central Tire Inflation System) are they? This was an option on civilian Hummers for a few years.
It was a very unpopular item on our Hummers in the gulf because the seals always got torn from sand.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tbplus10,

These wheels are off of an H2, which was assembled with K2500 parts. Not from the H1 which had the central tire inflation.

No one else here has done this?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice to resurrect one of my oldies.

I don't rush in to projects, obviously. I have had these wheels for over two years and am just now getting to the install. To refresh, I received five H2 wheels, five center covers, all lug nuts, and five O-rings. Rubber O-rings that I don't know where they go.

Help!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No picture, but if I had one it would be a picture of an O ring. Not an onion ring. Black, rubber, and about two and eleven sixteenths inches across.

It wouldn't fit inside or outside of the center cap. I received one for each wheel. It is larger than the lug nuts, and I wouldn't have enough.

Has anyone put on Hummer wheels?

·
Registered
539 Posts
There's no groove on the wheel itself.. maybe where the center cap is supposed to sit... that the o-ring's could sit into?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The metal ring on the rear of the center cap measures just over eight inches. The ring applies pressure to the legs that hold the cap in place. No place there for the O ring, and it wouldn't stretch that much.

But thanks for the try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts