GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DETROIT (Apr. 16, 2007) Hospitals across the United States will soon be adding child-sized, HUMMER battery-operated vehicles to their pediatric units. The vehicles are being donated by HUMMER dealerships under a program called "Courageous Kids." The HUMMERs are used by young patients who may drive themselves into surgery or for other medical procedures. The goal of Courageous Kids is to help reduce the anxiety that frightened children often experience when undergoing medical treatment.

More...

·
Registered
161 Posts
i love it when places do that..from the time i was 5 untill i was 16 i spent about 2 weeks in the hospital a month and i got bored alot and wanted something to do when i was younger and i know i would have loved that :D

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We had to take my son in for some procedures such as ear tubes, sinus surgery, etc. and they had little wagons they could ride in to/from surgery, made it less scary for them. I thought, "man, they could jack that wagon up and put some mudders on there and give the kid a real ride!" Well, I guess the hummer would be pretty close to that. :party:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
We had to take my son in for some procedures such as ear tubes, sinus surgery, etc. and they had little wagons they could ride in to/from surgery, made it less scary for them. I thought, "man, they could jack that wagon up and put some mudders on there and give the kid a real ride!" Well, I guess the hummer would be pretty close to that. :party:

Is that your son or a media picture?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Well either way I think its great to take the kids minds off procedures. Besides there usually having a melt down after about 30mins anyway...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts