GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it's a really warm spring, and I got a "To Do list" and I need some warm weather to get it started. a week of 60 degree will do fine. The inner fender liners, a new steering wheel addition and a new carpet project is long over due. And I needed a new battery, ( Thank you Autozone) in went in two weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I have a new passenger side front fender (cancer is eating the factory one), new front CV shafts, all four ujoints, front axle seals, and, if it lasts another year, a new exhaust in 2021. All the drivetrain parts are sitting in the back seat. If not, then the true duals will go on this fall. Then, there’s the long term preservation plan:

CF1AAE81-D714-4EAD-95D9-B7514FE97991.png

Charcoal color with a black base where the rubber trim used to sit down to the frame. She’s not going to be a show truck, so I’m gonna make it look like she’s ready to get to work.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a new passenger side front fender (cancer is eating the factory one), new front CV shafts, all four ujoints, front axle seals, and, if it lasts another year, a new exhaust in 2021. All the drivetrain parts are sitting in the back seat. If not, then the true duals will go on this fall. Then, there’s the long term preservation plan:

View attachment 166057
Charcoal color with a black base where the rubber trim used to sit down to the frame. She’s not going to be a show truck, so I’m gonna make it look like she’s ready to get to work.
Hi cowboytrukr, What kind of prep work have you done in preparation for this undercoating job ? Good luck !

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Thanks, James. I’m going to do a full on complete top to bottom coating of the entire truck. No prep work yet, but I do have an air sander and needle scaling tool. I will deconstruct the truck enough to be able to scrub the entire frame. I have a bore camera so I can check inside an enclosed cavities for cancer.

The thing about mine is that the clear coat is peeling and I’m not interested in a concours ready restoration. I just want her to last long enough to enjoy the engine and transmission build.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Move to South Texas where you can experience winter and spring in the same week, every week! Ha!

I’ve got bushwhacker extend-a-fender flares goin on this weekend. Tired of not being able to see out my side windows after it rains. 😡

1 - 6 of 6 Posts